Host an Event
Event hosting is one of the primary roles of Traders@MIT. Throughout the year, we coordinate educational and recruiting presentations on behalf of numerous proprietary trading firms, hedge funds, and investment banks. Although firms have many options when considering a presentation at MIT, working with our organization provides several distinct advantages.
Traders@MIT can coordinate room reservations, arrange catering and logistics, and provide much more nuanced and extensive publicity than is typical for events run through the career services office or general-interest organizations. We can also assist in scheduling around other events, keep you informed about which topics have been presented frequently or infrequently in the recent past, and provide guidance on student expectations and presentation formats. As domain experts within the trading community at MIT, we are uniquely well-equipped to assist your firm in its recruiting and publicity efforts.
In keeping with our founding mission as an educational organization, our only requirement is that the presentation contain educational content relevant to trading and the financial markets. Past topics have included:
- The structure of the U.S. equities market and HFT (Tower Research Capital)
- Event driven trading and merger arbitrage (Jefferies)
- Special situations investing and arbitrage (Weiss Asset Management)
- The limitations of backtesting and time series analysis (Allston Trading)
- Client-facing rates trading and structuring (Goldman Sachs)
- The role of HFT in providing risk transfer (GETCO)
- Trading start-ups and the structure of the trading industry (Eladian Partners)
- The nature and fundamental origins of volatility arbitrage (PEAK6)
The plurality of non-GECD trading events at MIT for approximately the past three years have been hosted by our organization.
If you are interested in working with Traders@MIT to organize an on-campus event, please contact our exec board at firstname.lastname@example.org.